The Queensland Family and Child Commission has established an Advisory Council to help promote the shared responsibility all Queenslanders have in keeping children safe.
It meets quarterly to provide insight into the issues affecting children, families and the sector, and also provide guidance on the work of the QFCC.
The 11 members are:
- QFCC Chief Executive and Principal Commissioner, Cheryl Vardon (Chair)
- QFCC Commissioner
- Detective Chief Superintendent Cameron Harsley APM, Executive Director, Operations Support, Crime and Corruption Commission
- Anne Hollonds, Director, Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS)
- Hetty Johnston AM, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Bravehearts
- Zoe Rathus AO, Senior Lecturer in Law, Griffith Law School
- Dr James Scott, Associate Professor, Conjoint Associate Professor, SOMCentral – Psychiatry – RBWH, Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Heather Watson, Director and Principal Lawyer, Watson Advisory & Consulting Pty Ltd.
- Dr Gerald Featherstone, Chief Executive Officer, Kummara Association
- Merrilyn Strohfeldt, Chief Executive Officer, Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN
- Kay Ganley, former owner and CEO, Charlton Brown